Devo needs a Fospice please!
DEVO, featured in last weekend’s Virtual Off-Site Adoption Event https://youtu.be/_xQkXFCASEs, is looking for a hospice foster home where he can happily and peacefully live out his remaining time with us here on earth. Devo is in heart failure which has been successfully managed for quite some time now. However most recently, we have been told the end for Devo is getting closer and we just need to keep him comfortable now. That being said, this boy is a fighter and he will decide when it’s time for him to cross the bridge. Devo is guessed to be 11 years old and has been at Satchel’s for most of that time. Be sure to watch the video https://youtu.be/_xQkXFCASEs to learn about Devo’s past. Here’s a few comments from Kris, one of our staff members:
• The FUNNIEST old men I’ve ever met.
• He’s always slinking around now that he’s older with this little grin on his face like “catch me if you can”. Take a few steps and you totally can, but it’s fun to let him run away from you these days and pretend you still can’t catch him.
• He’s such a calm boy now and will lay in your lap, although he doesn’t want to show his true age and is still a funky little balm of spunk when he’s feeling good.
• He loves to curl up in little balls and sleep; his old bones like to plop down on something comfy and no matter how nice you make it, he’s gonna make it “better”.
• Most of the time, he’s very eager to leave the kennel and go for a walk. He’s still a little adventurous and a new back yard or a neighborhood walk will be enough excitement for him nowadays.
Devo does need to be your only four-legged family member. If you have room in your heart and home to give Devo what he needs for what time he has left with us, please submit the foster application form found on our website, www.satchelslastresort.org, and our foster coordinator will be in touch to arrange for you to meet him. YOU could be Devo’s hero.