PLEASE NOTE: All dog or cat meets for adoption are by appointment only, we have no open hours to the public.
- Review the available cats and dogs on our website.
- Select a pet who you feel would be a good fit for your family, your home and your lifestyle.
- Complete the on-line application form. This does not obligate you to adopt, and can be transferred to a different pet, should a better match be found for you. This does not guarantee you adoption of an animal in our care.
- An adoption counselor will contact you for an appointment.
- During the appointment, the dog or cat will be brought out to you for your interaction.
The following information is required so that we can assist you in the selection of a new family member. The information you provide will be held in the utmost of confidence, and will only be used for the adoption process. All questions MUST be answered. If a question does not pertain to the particular animal you are inquiring about, write N/A. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
In order to be considered for an adoption you must meet the following criteria:
• Be at least 21 years of age (negotiable)
• Have identification showing your present address
• Have the consent of all adults living in the household
• Own your own home, or have the landlord’s consent to bring an animal into your home
Thank you for your interest in saving a life by adopting an animal from Satchel’s Last Resort! It will take a few days to process your application should you decide to adopt.